Happy New Year!
First post of the year! ♬ ♪ ヽ( ˘ ⌔ ˘ )ﾉ ♪ ♬
I was planning on posting this on New Years, but I obviously didn’t make it…orz
It’s actually been 1 year+ since I started blogging on wordpress. WordPress notified me that December 1st is my blog anniversary…so I guess this can be an anniversary post too. (✿◉◡◉)…a one month late anniversary post…(✿≖︿≖)
So… I played 7 otome games in total from December 2012-December 2013.
Otome Games Reviewed 2013:
- Koi wa Kousoku ni Shibararenai!: I would have to say that this was my #1 favorite game of 2013. Actually, this game was a bit of a troll since the CGs were super hard to find. I definitely had to use walkthroughs, but still had fun. Normally, I would be complaining about these types of games, but not for this one. Also, Eiji senpai~ (/ω＼*)
- Wand of Fortune 2 Series: This series probably took me the longest b/c of the whole stone collecting in WOF2. I remember lagging the game b/c that was troublesome. Eventually, I got used to it. However, I got to admit the story was a bit long for my little head. (>ω<) Still, this was a nice game. Everyone looked so handsome in the fandisk too. (*`ω´*)
- Tasogaredoki ~Kaidan Romance~: Disappointment…I liked the prequel, so I was really looking forward to it. They totally ruined Tohno’s route and way too much NTR. (눈_눈)
- Glass Heart Princess: Adorable! Everyone was so cute in the game, especially everyone at the Himeno household. If only Shinnosuke had some tsun in him like his shota days…(๑•́ω•̀) (since I like tsuns lols)
- Butterfly Lip: Honestly, I was a bit disappointed b/c there was no “story” to it whatsoever. I guess it’s mainly NTR…I admit some parts are cute, but it wasn’t enough for me to be satisfied. I don’t think it would hurt not to play the game though. ┐(・へ・ )┌
- Black Wolves Saga -Last Hope-: I was most likely sure I was never going to play a rejet game until bws. This game actually changed my thoughts about rejet; I only thought they release troll games b/c of Gekka, Diabolik, and etc. Then again, maybe it’s b/c it’s technically otomate x rejet collab. I personally prefer Bloody Nightmare’s route structure, which only consisted of rejet. The plot and music was (ﾟωﾟ)b
I also reviewed some Drama CDs, magazines, and etc. However, I haven’t been able to review light novels yet. I want to and plan to, but I need to finish reading them first. I wish I had the power to stop time, then I would read them as much as I want. (´ヘ｀;) Since this blog is mainly an otome gaming blog, I always prioritize gaming rather than reading light novels. Also, I personally think gaming is easier to do since I can still multi-task. When I read, I can’t do anything else, but read…orz
As for now, I might take a break on reviewing for a bit? I don’t know for how long since life is full of surprises. Who knows? I might start reviewing again right after this post. ┐(・へ・ )┌ haha Well, whatever I decide to review next, I’ll let my readers know on the side bar where I usually put them~ Meanwhile, I guess I’ll just talk about otome games that I am/were planning to play:
- Butterfly Gloss: Well, I was already planning to play this game ever since I read the short stories. Also, I like the CVs; they’re my favorite. Even though I’m taking a break on reviews, I plan to start reviewing Gloss once I get it since the game itself is pretty short.
- Seishun Hajimemashita!: WHY IS THERE SO MANY BUGS!? Didn’t they delay it too? Aside from that, I’ve actually played one of the routes and loved it. In fact, I’m having trouble playing the other characters B/C I loved that pair so much. It surprised me that I liked his character so much since his past characters were… (⑅ -`д-´) lols Well, I haven’t encountered major bugs yet. I’m just afraid that once I officially decide to review the game and hit a bug….I will die. ヽ(。_゜)ノ You know how there’s a lot of characters, so it would be a drag. Oh yeah, actually…. I did HAVE a ROUGH TIME with the skip system and couldn’t see one of the endings for the character I completed…soooo…I don’t know, Ill think about it. ( ◔ д ◔ )
- Glass Heart Princess Platinum: I’m looking forward to this one b/c I liked the prequel. I’m planning to play this one as well, but there seems to be a lot of story modes that I’m not ready for…at the moment. ( ˘﹃˘ )
- Ken ga Kimi: Ever since Black Wolves Saga, I’m starting to think that Rejet’s games have good music. Is it just their PC games? I never really thought that the PSP collabs with otomate were that great. Actually, it never caught my attention? Anyways, I like the music for Ken ga Kimi. The game seems to have two types of endings (剣か君 -sword or you-), two endings in each. One of the types of ending is where the guy character ends up with the heroine, the 君 route. The other ending is where he would follow his life as a samurai, the 剣 route. I’m a bit hesitant to play the sword route b/c it’s supposed to be the sadder one… (´・д・`)
- Koibana Days: I still really want to play this game… but the damn flower gardening. I might continue this game again during my break time to maybe try and figure out how the flower gardening works. I tried during my first play and I failed miserably… ( ; °ж°)
- Snow Bound Land: I don’t know much about this one yet, but I guess I still want to play this since I’m looking forward to Kimura Ryouhei’s character. Also, I kinda wanna see how everyone’s curse plays out in the game. ٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و
- Dot Kareshi: I’m considering to review this series since it’s short and fun. I actually understand some of the points they bring up in the game b/c I’ve played RPG games too. (>ω<)ﾉ
- Shinobi Koi Utsutsu: I’m still looking forward to this one here, but I was a bit disappointed in the drama CD? or maybe the characters? Well, it might have been my mood at the time, but yeah…Oh, but I think I liked Sasuke. I think it was b/c he was a tsun ahaha. I’m still planning to play the game though.
- Houkago colorful step: After Seishun Hajimemashita’s bug problem, I don’t know if I trust this game that much…since it’s from the same company. Also, I don’t know much about the characters other than the track team since I stopped buying the magazine issues as well. I might check what other reviewers say about this one?
- Gakuen K ~Wonderful School Days~: Unexpected? I didn’t know they do these types of things. Well, I have two absolute fave characters in this series. However, I somewhat prefer the anime art than the art for this game. (・へ・ ) As of now, there’s not much info on the site since they barely opened the site recently. I’ll be keeping an eye on this. Depending on the CGs and what-not, I might play it.
- Brothers Conflict Series: I’m kind of sick of this one now. At first, I was excited about it. I like the CGs and have a few characters I’m interested in… However, they delayed the Passion Pink for one thing and then took them over a year to release Brilliant Blue. I started to care less and less about this one over time. Honestly, I’m a bit glad that Brocon didn’t win the polls I once had…phew ε =(･д･｀*) haha. I guess it let me down even more after finding about the novel’s story? I’m completely okay with the otome game story of choosing whomever you want the heroine to end up with, that’s how all otome games are…it’s just goes to show that that’s one of the possibilities. However, I just didn’t like the idea in the novel that too many of the brothers developed romantic feelings for Ema, as the official story. I’m assuming the novel is the official plot/story of the series and it just seemed like a real mess to me. I’ve heard from somewhere that now it’s just between two guys, Natsume and Subaru. Is that volume out already? At this point, I’m just curious who she’ll end up with, nothing more and nothing less.
- Otometeki Renai Kakumei Love Revolution: I actually play this still sometimes in between games. I completed two routes a while ago and played another after Black Wolves Saga, so I might keep doing that until one day I’m done with the game.
Top 5 Favorite Seiyuus of 2013:
- Kimura Ryouhei (Drama CD KareIcha)
- Terashima Takuma (Sakaki Eiji – Koishiba!)
- Shimono Hiro (Drama CD Futari de Issho)
- KENN (Masaki Shinnosuke – Glass Heart Princess)
- Suzumura Kenichi ( Alvaro – Wand of Fortune 2 Series)
Am I the only one that thinks the year passed by way too fast? I wouldn’t mind if time takes it a little bit slower, so I have more time to do many things… (๑•́ω•̀)
Like I said earlier, I’ll be taking a little break on the otome game reviewing. I think I’ll be playing a few games during my break, but I won’t be reviewing them unless I make it official and notify my readers on the sidebar. The reason for this is b/c I highly doubt I’ll finish them at that moment anyways. I’ll definitely still be reading comments for sure. If there’s a game that you want to discuss or something, just leave a comment on the discussion page. I might not be reviewing otome games for a bit, but I’ll try to keep my blog active as much as I can with posts other than otome game reviews. (๑•̀ㅂ•́)و✧